Back2Back is standard double-zero roulette with a set of 38 parlay wagers, one for each number on the wheel. The player wins if the next two outcomes match the chosen number. Wins pay 1,200 to 1.
I noticed the Back2Back roulette at the Atlantic casino in Reno on August 24, 2019.
- Back2Back is played on a double-zero roulette wheel.
- Bets available are all the standard bets plus a set of 38 side bets, one for each number on the wheel.
- The player wins if next two spins after the bet is made equal the number bet on.
- The dealer adjudicates the side bets by putting a lamer with sides labeled "1" and "2."
- If the last outcome does not match the previous outcome, then the dealer will put the lamer with the 1 side face up on that number in the side betting area of the table.
- If the last outcome does match the previous outcome, then the dealer will flip over the lamer to the "2" side. Side bets on that number will then be paid.
- Players may not make new bets on the outcome of the last spin.
- At the Atlantis casino in Reno, the minimum side bet is $1 and the maximum is $5.
The following table shows my analysis of the Back2Back side bets. The lower right cell shows a hosue edge of 16.83%.
Back2Back Roulette Side Bet Return Table
It should be noted that if the player made a conventional bet on a single number, parlayed the full amount won on the next spin, and then won the second spin, then his winning odds would be 1295 to 1. Why would anyone make the side bet, knowing this. I figure the main reason is the low $1 minimum.
Written by: Michael Shackleford